[Asterisk-Users] Avoiding initial deadlock on iax?

Jonathan k. Creasy jonathan at bluegrass.net
Thu Mar 30 06:54:44 MST 2006

I think there is a bug related to this. I haven't been able to track it
down or really recreate it with any certainty yet. When I do I'll post
something to Mantis. If you have any info to share with me about your
situation when this occurs let me know.

I have noticed that I can get it to occur if I suddenly power down one
of the 4 asterisk servers that peer with my primary server via IAX. The
main server will do this and then the other servers will sometimes do
this also.

They are setup in a Spoke and Hub type setup. If I take one of the
spokes down suddenly about three out of five times the main box will do
this and about one of two times one or more of the other spokes will do
this.

It happens at other times also when there are no boxes down. I have not
been able to recreate it in that case.

For several weeks, we had a problem with one-way audio coming off
Level3's network and whenever we got a call from them that had one way
audio and we redirected that call in and then back out to another server
(on the weekends) the box would do this.

-Jonathan