[Asterisk-Users] Callid on T-1 trunk

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Mar 30 06:58:38 MST 2006

Jordan Novak wrote:
> I am not getting any caller Id with my standard T-1. Is a standard “T”
> capable of sending callerid? I don’t want to spend time troubleshooting
> my PBX if Asterisk can’t send it down that type of trunk.

Its kind of hard to figure out exactly what you're asking based on the
wording of the above, but I'll give it a try.

Yes, T1's do support callerid.  If you are asking whether asterisk is
capable of generating callerid towards your T1 provider, the answer is
yes.  Whether your T1 provider "accepts" callerid is dependent on their
configuration and policies. Some will accept anything, others will not
accept anything, some will accept callerid numbers "if" those numbers
are within a range of supported phone numbers for your account (eg, did
numbers).

Note those that will accept callerid will only accept calleridnum, not
calleridname.

If you are talking about your T1 provider sending callerid to your
asterisk box, yes they are capable of doing that. Its an option on their
equipment they have to turn on.