[Asterisk-Users] Routing SIP calls via URI

Shad Mortazavi Shad.Mortazavi at nexusmgmt.com
Thu Mar 30 02:29:36 MST 2006

Dear Group;

I can confirm that I have read through the three examples in
www.voip-info.org.

These examples are excellent and address a couple of the questions. I
have IAX2 working between several asterisk servers on our VPN and
between the DMZ and our LAN.

Also

exten => shad,1,Dial(IAX2/bxxxxxx:yyyyyy at 192.X.y.x/${EXTEN})

This answers part of the question;

However what I want to do is to send any outbound sip calls via our
external SIP server.

i.e;
	         VPN      LAN		 IAX2    DMZ	  Internet
Internal UA <-------> Internal (*) <------> External (*)<------>
ExternalUA

We have an extensive internal dial plan, X dial the UK, Y dial USA, 1XXX
for Voicemail, 2xxx for Meetme, etc.

Do I need to setup a prefix to dial the internet? And then route all
calls to the External(*) based on this prefix?

Thanks

Shad Mortazavi