[Asterisk-Users] Realtime Users/Peers/Friends - Ick

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Wed Mar 29 22:01:08 MST 2006

I've been going in circles for a few weeks now with Realtime SIP.

My extconfig.conf has:

sipusers => mysql,dbname,ast_sip_users
sippeers => mysql,dbname,ast_sip_users

When I do a 'sip show peers' I see all my phones. When I do a 'sip show users' I only see a few of them. I can't work out why this is the case. They are also coming up with NAT as 'RFC3581', eventhough I have nat set to NO for every friend in the ast_sip_users table.

In short, phones make and receive calls, so they should be defined as type=friend, right? Should I point sipusers and sippeers from extconfig to the same table? Why does 'extconfig' have sipusers and sippeers? This is driving me nuts! Is this actually documented anywhere?

Doug.