[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and LCR

Waldo Rubinstein waldo at trianet.net
Wed Mar 29 16:36:34 MST 2006

I'm wondering how you guys handle least cost routing within Asterisk.

Basically, we have a few providers with, obviously, different rates
per route. Additionally, we have a number of clients who have DIDs
assigned to them (either pointing to a single SIP peer or to more
complex dialing rules, such as, ring multiple SIP peers, or ring SIP
peers sequentially, or overflow to external forwarded number).

What we are trying to do is to ease the pain of Asterisk dialing
through the least cost route regardless of where the destination is.
If the call is to go through a provider, well, then dial the least
cost provider. If someone is dialing a number which happens to be one
of the DIDs assigned in our system, it shouldn't have to go out
through any provider but just be routed properly in the dialing plan.

Also, if a client has defined a rule to forward calls to another
number, how can I let the dial plan to dial out that number while
taking advantage of the LCR in place?

We looked at lcdc script but not quite sure is what we need or maybe
don't understand it completely to implement it correctly.

Thanks,
Waldo