[Asterisk-Users] Receptionist Phones (was 3Com Phones)

Curt Shaffer cshaffer at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 11:43:50 MST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Daniel
Hazelbaker
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2006 1:32 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Receptionist Phones (was 3Com Phones)

	Thanks for all the comments on the 3Com phones.  Thankfully, there
is a large number of phones out there to dig through looking for the
right solution.

	What I have not been able to find, after spending all weekend
looking, is a good solution for an attendant console.  We have 2
receptionists that need to be able to view all 60+ phones (we could
probably weed it down a bit if we had to, but would like to be able
to cover all the phones) and see who is on the phone already.  I
would like to avoid a software solution as those tend to be confusing
and hard for non-computer savvy people to deal with.  I have seen
that the polycom setup (601+sidecar) works but only for up to 7 phones.

	Does anybody have a recommendation for a solution for this?  I find

it hard to believe that nobody makes a compatible phone (or add-on)
that is compatible with Asterisk.  It seems like such a common thing.

Daniel Hazelbaker