[Asterisk-Users] Re: Cisco 7960 - Have to press a menu button to dial

Aaron Daniel amdtech at shsu.edu
Mon Mar 27 00:01:49 MST 2006

> Hi Aaron!
>
> Can you tell me what "," and "\" stands for?
> "." changes only one number from 0 to 9, right?
> "*" changes unlimited number of numbers from 0 to 9?
>

> --
> Tomislav Parcina
> tparcina#lama.hr

Absolutely right :)

"\" escapes the next character, so if you wants *69 to go through
immediately, you'd put "\*69" so that the * gets recognized as a digit.

"," returns the dialtone sound.  When my users hit "9", they like to hear
the dialtone still so they know they're dialing outside.

You got "." and "*" right.  Never put a 0 timeout on "*" or nothing else
will work right.

Hope that helps.

--
Aaron Daniel