[Asterisk-Users] Polarity reversals on a TE100P

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Sun Mar 26 08:20:53 MST 2006

Hey guys,

I've been struggling with hangup detection on a Centrex system for a bit
now, I was on site Saturday and I took my DMM with me.

It would appear that this Centrex service provider uses polarity
reversal at the beginning of a call and several times after hangup.

I've been reading the archives for the last year and it looks like there
was some work done that matches my situation.  With the DMM, my readings
are:

IDLE:      -50.5
RING:         3.0
VOICE:   -6.13
HANGUP 3.0
WAIT:      -5.13
HANGUP 3.0 (Occurs roughly every 10 seconds)
WAIT:      -5.13
HANGUP 3.0 (Occurs roughly every 10 seconds) - Asterisk times out and
hangs up
IDLE:      -50.5

I'm using an ADIT 600 with a Tellabs Echo Canceller.  Is there any
logging for status on the line for monitoring?

Turning on hanguponpolarityswitch=yes shows that the option is ignored.
I've found in the archives that this works with fxs_ks.  The error goes
away when setting a line line for KS, but it still isn't working

My zapata.conf below:

[channels]
context=incoming
signalling=fxs_ls