[Asterisk-Users] Transferring a call with IAX

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Fri Mar 24 13:32:38 MST 2006

Aaron,

That's not what I'm seeing. I'd like to know how your doing it.
Here's what the calling system has:

exten => 2944000,1,Dial(SIP/2944030,15,tr)
exten => 2944000,2,Answer
exten => 2944000,3,Wait,1
exten => 2944000,4,Playback(thank-you-for-calling)
exten => 2944000,5,Playback(customer-service)
exten => 2944000,6,Macro(DialIAX,acdserver1,oe_custcare,oneeighty_acd)

and on the callee system(acd box) I have:
exten => oe_custcare,1,Answer
exten => oe_custcare,2,Queue(oe_custcare||||120)
exten => oe_custcare,3,NoOP(QUEUE DONE)
exten => oe_custcare,4,Macro(DialIAX,vmserver1,2944002,vmdeposit)

and here's the Macro on the calling system:
exten => s,1,Dial(IAX2/pbxuser@${ARG1}/${ARG2}@${ARG3})
exten => s,2,Goto(s-${DIALSTATUS},1)
exten => s-ANSWER,1,Goto(s-OK,1)
exten => s-NOANSWER,1,Goto(s-ERROR,1)
exten => s-CONGESTION,1,Goto(s-ERROR,1)
exten => s-CHANUNAVAIL,1,Goto(s-ERROR,1)
exten => s-ERROR,1,Answer()
exten => s-ERROR,2,Wait,1
exten => s-ERROR,3,Set(i=1)
exten => s-ERROR,4,While($[${i} < 4])
exten => s-ERROR,5,Playback(cannot-complete-network-error)
exten => s-ERROR,6,Playback(message-number)
exten => s-ERROR,7,Playback(letters/o)
exten => s-ERROR,8,Playback(letters/e)
exten => s-ERROR,9,Playback(digits/9)
exten => s-ERROR,10,Playback(digits/0)
exten => s-ERROR,11,Playback(digits/0)
exten => s-ERROR,12,Set(i=$[${i} + 1])
exten => s-ERROR,13,EndWhile
exten => s-ERROR,14,Hangup()
exten => s-OK,1,MacroExit

The callee system executes the NoOP(QUEUE DONE) when the queue times out, but does not return control to the calling system. I have to dial the VM server from the ACD box. I don't understand how that could work anyways. Once you've transferred the call, you've transferred it.

What voodoo are you using?

Doug.