[Asterisk-Users] Finding the busypattern

Doug Lytle Support at drdos.info
Fri Mar 24 13:17:37 MST 2006

Hey everybody,

I've had issues with detecting call disconnects on the Centrex system
and an Adit 600.  I've discovered that if I set the channel bank's FXO
to lscpd, even though the CO says they don't support, that Asterisk can
see the hangups.

The catch?  Asterisk can no longer seize the line.

I've used this to my advantage, since I have 13 lines to work with.  (5)
+1 for auto-attendant are setup for incoming only (lscpd), the rest for
outgoing(ls).  I really want to get all lines usable, so I don't have to
babysit the system on the chance that a line will get a caller on one of
the 7-13 lines without call disconnect.

I figured I should be able to do this with busy detect.  I've tried:

busydetect=yes
busypattern= (120,60)
busycount=30

On our Centrex system, after the hangup, I get a 2nd dial tone.  Then a
voice saying i've taken too long to dial, then a very fast busy.  I've
record these pulses into a wave and tried to use Wavepad to get an idea
of the pulses in milliseconds.  It looks to be 100ms on 60ms off.

When putting this into place though, Asterisk never hangs up.  Is there
something else that I'm missing?

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Doug