[Asterisk-Users] Snom 360 problems

Guido Hecken guido.hecken at gwsnettech.de
Fri Mar 24 11:34:52 MST 2006

> Anyone have a Snom they're happy with?   How did you manage that?  :)
>
> I have a system of:
>
> Asterisk 1.2.3
> 2 Wildcard TDM400P  Rev I and E/F
> 1 Snom 360 + sidecar
> ~15 Sipura/Linsys SPA-841
> ~15 Grandstream 101
>
> Everything (currently) is on the same network, not a router to be seen
> between any two.  Also everything, except the snom, is working sweetly.
>
> The main problem is ECHO.. awful echo and only on the Snom.  When using
> a Zap line or to another sip phone.  I've tweaked the * for echo and
> managed to only create echo and piss everyone else off, pounded the
> settings in the Snom trying to find anything, and updated the firmware
> to Application-Version:snom360-SIP 5.2 Rootfs-Version:snom360 jffs2
> v3.36 after noticing a changelog that sounded like it may have related
> to echo.  Not even a slight reduction in echo so far.
>
> A second serious problem is Call join.   Even with "Call join on Xfer (2
> calls)" OFF if the user is doing a transfer of one call when a second
> starts ringing the 2 callers get bridged, no transfer.  Really nice, now
> I have two customers talking to each other with no clue what's going on
> and neither gets who they were trying to reach.
>
> Any ideas on what I can try next?

This firmware works well for us: snom360-SIP 4.1 available here:
http://snom.com/download/share/snom360-4.1-SIP-j.bin
No echo and overall voice quality is excellent.

Did you check the codecs on the snom and on asterisk (sip.conf)?
Is Silence Suppression off on the snom?
If you would post your config (under settings on the snom) we could have a
closer look in the problem.

Regards,

Guido

gwsNetTech