[Asterisk-Users] getting your own phone number

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri Mar 24 10:58:06 MST 2006

Matt wrote:
> SURE!
> 800-444-4444
> 804-883-2001
> 800-437-7950
> 866-692-6447
> :)
>
> On 3/24/06, mike webb <mwebb at addisonboot.com> wrote:
>> is there a number is the U.S that you can dial where a computer will
>> reply with the phone number your calling from.
>> carrier is sbc if that makes any difference.

Pretty much every central office switch has something implemented to do
that, but there is no standard number.  I've seen CO's where that
function is provided via 311 (or something similar), making it
inaccessible from outside the serving region. In other cases, its a
random seven digit phone number.

You can try calling your repair number and asking. Some do provide that
number when asked appropriately.