[Asterisk-Users] pots -> asterisk -> tsu-600

mike webb mwebb at addisonboot.com
Fri Mar 24 01:27:51 MST 2006

i have 6 pots lines coming in from the outside world (but we are
reducing to 4)
all the lines have the same phone number.
i have 40 analog telephones that need to be connected to them.
one way (i think) i could do this is to have a asterisk box with a
tdm400p with 4 fxo's connected to the pots, also in the asterisk box
would be a pair of t100p each connected to a tsu-600, the tsu-600 would
be filled with fxs modules giving us enough room for 48 analog lines.

another way (i think) is to have an asterisk box with just the pair of
t100p's and one tsu-600 would have one 4 port fxo module and 5 fxs
modules. the fxo module would be connected to the pots, the other
tsu-600 would contain nothing but fxs modules giving us enough room for
44 analog lines.

question is has anyone tried ether of these configurations and if so was
it successful.
it their a better way to do it ??
please note that i realize pot lines are not the best answer but at this
time its the way we're going to have to do it.