[Asterisk-Users] Re: Fw: anybody has SIP realtime working ?

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 07:35:46 MST 2006

On 3/24/06, mustardman29 <mustardman29 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> So your Polycom 501's will eventually re-subscribe and BLF will eventually
> start working again after a reboot using your patch?  How long will that
> take?  Is the time to re-subscribe something you can set on the phone?
>
> That would be quite acceptable to me if the phone eventually re-subscribed
> on it's own without requiring a reboot.  What I am saying is that my Aastra
> 9133i and Grandstream GXP2000 NEVER re-subscribe after a reboot with or
> without the patch.  I tried lot's of different settings to try make it
> happen unless I am doing something wrong or not waiting long enough for the
> phones to re-subscribe.  I must have tested it for at least 3 hours and BLF
> never came back.  I confirmed it with the Asterisk CLI as well.

 Yep. That's precisely what I'm saying. You should be able to tune the
value with minexpiry and maxexpiry settings. Be aware though that this
will also change the value/duration the phone is asked to adhere to
with regard to registrations as well. The default maxexpiry is 3600,
so if it does settle in on 3600, you must wait a full hour from the
last subscription or renewal before it tries again. You can go into
the SIP debug information on the subscribes themselves to determine
what the agreed to expiration value is.

--
Bird's The Word Technologies, Inc.
http://www.btwtech.com/