[Asterisk-Users] Speed up dial using #?

Koopmann, Jan-Peter Jan-Peter.Koopmann at seceidos.de
Fri Mar 24 02:48:29 MST 2006

Hi,

since we do not have a nice common numbering plan like (XXX) XXXX XXX for
national phone numbers here in Germany, the dialplans usually contain lines
like this

exten => _0X.,1,NoOp(Dial outwards etc.)

If you use such context with overlap dial (DISA, ZAP), it takes a while for
Asterisk to recognize that the number dialed is actually complete and can be
processed. I understand why this is the case and this is a common problem
not only for Asterisk. AVM folks are used to simply add a "#" after the last
digit to let the Fritz!Box know that the number is now complete and the
Fritzbox starts to dial the number immediatly.

Is there a way to do something similar in Asterisk?

Kind regards,
  JP