[Asterisk-Users] Re: problems with emailing voicemail

Avi Miller avi.miller at squiz.net
Wed Mar 22 19:30:31 MST 2006

hugolivude wrote:
> I believe that part of my problem is the fact that my static, external
> IP address is not mapped to a hostname.

I think its the reverse lookup as well, that's the source of your
problems. Not only does 'host.domain.com' need to resolve to an IP
address, but that IP address must resolve to 'host.domain.com' in the
reverse lookup table.

You may be better off defining a smart host for sendmail to send
outbound mail.

cYa,
Avi

--
National Manager - Special Projects

< Sydney / Melbourne / Canberra / Hobart / London />
   2/340 Gore Street      T: +61 (0) 3 9486 0411
   Fitzroy, VIC           F: +61 (0) 3 9486 0611
   3065                   W: http://www.squiz.net/

.....>> Open Source  - Own it  -  Squiz.net ...../>