[Asterisk-Users] Realtime / SIP Peers etc

Aaron Daniel amdtech at shsu.edu
Wed Mar 22 09:37:41 MST 2006

> I'm not sure I'm talking about the same thing, but if this is true, it may clear a few things up.
> Firstly, from what I've been told my Kevin Fleming on this list, and by calling Digium directly, support for multiple Asterisk systems accessing the same MySQL database for sip user/peer information, does not exist. Digium told me they where aware of it, and it would probably take a single person the better part of a year to fix.
>
> Given that, I wanted to use realtime to load and cache the peer information, and that's it. If Asterisk has to refer to the database each time a peer registers, it just plain doesn't work!

This is true and false.  We had two servers pulling from the same db for a
long time, until we switched to two separate DB's on their own servers
since it was a single point of failure (and when it failed, whoa...).
>From talking with the developers, the only thing this causes problems with
is phones behind NATs.  I don't remember us ever having problems using the
same DB for sip registrations ever, even for NAT'ed phones.  I think it's
one of those "try and see" type things, cause we tried and it worked for
us.

  --
Aaron Daniel Computer Systems Technician
Sam Houston State University
amdtech at shsu.edu
(936) 294-4198