[Asterisk-Users] Realtime / SIP Peers etc

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Mar 22 08:40:49 MST 2006

22 mar 2006 kl. 15.02 skrev Andrew Kohlsmith:

> On Wednesday 22 March 2006 08:34, Olle E Johansson wrote:
>>> 4. WHY then does a reload clear this list? Doesn't this list come
>>> from the astdb file?
>>
>> I explained this in the bug tracker.
>>
>> Reload clears everything but registered static peers, these are re-
>> configured from astdb.
>> We do not support this for realtime peers.
>
> I have to agree with Douglas here -- why make the distinction?  I
> don't
> understand it.  Peers are peers, whether they come from a flat file
> or from a
> DB.  If a reload is performed, it should clear the entire
> registered list, or
> none of it.

That would mean that we would have to go through each entry in the
realtime database at load time (or reload) and reconfigure the peers.
Is that something you want your asterisk to do? Considering this can
be 10.000 peers.

> Your explanation in the bugtracker didn't make sense as to why one is
> considered static or "more permanent" than the other.  Peers are
> (or rather
> should be) peers, no matter where they come from.  Is this the plan
> with your
> sip3 work?

Static peers are static peers and dynamic peers are dynamic,
regardless of
storage.

This is the way the dynamic peers work. They're not meant to occupy
memory.
If you need the properties of a static peer - why don't configure
them that way?

/O