[Asterisk-Users] Realtime / SIP Peers etc

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Mar 22 07:02:27 MST 2006

On Wednesday 22 March 2006 08:34, Olle E Johansson wrote:
> > 4. WHY then does a reload clear this list? Doesn't this list come
> > from the astdb file?
>
> I explained this in the bug tracker.
>
> Reload clears everything but registered static peers, these are re-
> configured from astdb.
> We do not support this for realtime peers.

I have to agree with Douglas here -- why make the distinction?  I don't
understand it.  Peers are peers, whether they come from a flat file or from a
DB.  If a reload is performed, it should clear the entire registered list, or
none of it.

Your explanation in the bugtracker didn't make sense as to why one is
considered static or "more permanent" than the other.  Peers are (or rather
should be) peers, no matter where they come from.  Is this the plan with your
sip3 work?

-A.