[Asterisk-Users] Fw: anybody has SIP realtime working ?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Mar 22 04:38:18 MST 2006

On Tuesday 21 March 2006 19:18, Douglas Garstang wrote:
> The point is that if you do have to, then you shouldn't lose any data.
> In a production environment, the last thing you want to do is affect
> customers. Given that Asterisk is supposed to be carrier-grade, I'd have
> thought this was a given.

Given that this is a production environment as you say, you should have a damn
good reason for needing a reload/restart, do you not think?

My production systems are up for several WEEKS on average without any changes
on my part, and I don't even use realtime.  Dialplan updates can be done
without a reload, which is what the bulk of my updates are.  Adding new SIP
users/peers doesn't need a reload, especially in a realtime environment.

Honestly, I would humbly suggest that you rethink the way you run your
Asterisk systems.  It seems clear that the way you WANT to run them and they
way they are DESIGNED to run are in conflict.

-A.