[Asterisk-Users] callerid= in zapata.conf

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 03:32:41 MST 2006

On 3/21/06, Nabeel Jafferali <nabeel at nuovotel.com> wrote:
> > try SetCallerId or set callerid=name <(xxx)xxx-xxxx> in sip.conf or
> > iax.conf (depending on what you are using)
>
> I am not using SIP or IAX2 clients. As mentioned in the original email, this
> is from PRI to PRI.
>
> I could use SetCallerID, but the zapata.conf method should work.

Agreed, but if all else fails, set a different context for that PRI,
and in that context, force the CallerID using SetCallerID before
making the onward call.

It is possible that the Zaptel "callerid=" field does not accept the
"Name" <number> format (I'd have to look at the source to check, and
you didn't say which veriosn you run). Have you tried just putting a
number in.

PS. While I'm here, is the A102d worth the money? I assume it works as
easily as the A104d?

Thanks,
Steve