[Asterisk-Users] Snom 360 Hinting tricks

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 03:26:14 MST 2006

On 3/6/06, Colin Anderson <ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com> wrote:
> I was always puzzled by posts to the list about people having problems
> getting hints to work on a Snom, since I always seem to have no problem
> making it work. That is, until today when I tried to get a sidecar to work.
> All I could do was get a monitored extension light to light up continuously,
> regardless of state. Frustrating! Going back to my working dialplans where I
> got 1 or 2 lights working fine, I saw the pattern and the difference between
> working and non-working, and I realized that other people were experiencing
> the same problem as I was. The trick is the *order* in which you put your
> hint priorities in your dialplan. My non-working sidecar dialplan had all
> the hint priorities grouped together:

[snip]

Another "hint" for getting hints working, although this only relates
to older 1.0.x versions of Asterisk (It is already fixed in 1.2.x) is
that status changes are not notified for channels where there is a
hyphen '-' in the channel name, so replacing all hyphens with
underscores in your sip.conf section names might prove useful :)

Cheers,
Steve