[Asterisk-Users] problems with international dialing

Will Glass-Husain wglass at forio.com
Mon Mar 20 16:36:34 MST 2006

Hi,

I'm struggling to set up a plan to allow international dialing from my US
location.  As I understand it, an international call can have 9 to 15 digits
including country code.  The problem is that the call always goes through
after I've entered the 9th digit.

My service provider is BroadVoice, my phones are Grandstream GXP-200's.
DTMF is set on the phone to be via SIP INFO and Early Dial is set to "Yes".

I have this in my plan:

[outbound-long-distance-forio]
; this is how outbound long distance calls are handled

; international numbers are max 15 digits included 2-3 digit country code
(E-164 ITU protocol)
; we assume 9-15 digits
exten =>   _011XXXXXXXXX., 1, Macro(forio-dial-outbound,default,${EXTEN})

; long distance
exten =>   _1NXXNXXXXXX, 1, Macro(forio-dial-outbound,default,${EXTEN})

Appreciate any tips.  Thanks!  WILL
--
Forio Business Simulations

Will Glass-Husain