[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Disconnecting after 30sec when someone leaving VM

William M Conlon bill at tothept.com
Mon Mar 20 15:56:01 MST 2006

I had very mysterious hangups of PSTN outbound calls which I traced
to zapata.conf.  I had increased rx_gain = 10 and tx_gain = 10
because volume was always low because Polycom phone was always
resetting the volume.  Anyway, I patched my sip.cfg for Polycom so my
volume would stay at the user's setting, and reset the zap gains to
0, and my hangups went away.  [Maybe the high gain was causing an
output to saturate and a small amount of silence looked like a
polarity reversal  - SWAG].

Bill

William M. Conlon, P.E., Ph.D.
To the Point