[Asterisk-Users] Feedback from VON expo! Info on * HAandPolycomphone!!

David Thomas punknow at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 14:07:45 MST 2006

> The only thing is I want to be sure I understand the statement above because
> the only time I can see Asterisk needing to do an SRV lookup is if it is
> handing a call to a carrier for termination.

Gabe, that is what I was talking about. Asterisk really needs the
ability to make use of the termination providers' SRV records for
failover. When one doesn't respond... use the next record. This work
exceptionally well when connecting to directly to a provider with an
ATA that supports SRV. It is a shame that * doesn't do this.

I have been tempted to grab the SRV lookup code from the Jabber
project and try to merge it into Asterisk.

http://www.jabberstudio.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/cvs/jabberd/jads2s/srv.c?view=markup

I kinda understand the Jabber code, but I really have no idea where to
begin in Asterisk.

regards,
David