[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Users Mailing List Traffic

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Mar 20 07:56:51 MST 2006

Kristian Larsson wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 18, 2006 at 08:23:03PM -0600, Rich Adamson wrote:
>> This same issue has been discussed many times over the last two years.
>> Not likely its going to change now.
 >
> I just love this attitude.

Guess its not an attitude as much as having been around this list for
over two years, and listening to the same old topic coming up every six
months without looking back at the previous discussions on the topic.

> Could someone managing these lists outline the
> requirements to change the lists?
> Do we need a vote or is it something which can be
> simply adopted once the right people recognize the
> problem (and if so, who is the right people)?

You might try Kevin at digium.

The age-old argument/discussion relative to the -user list is that if
you split it into pieces (eg, newbies plus other lists), no one will
hang around the newbie list to answer questions, and the newbies will
migrate to other lists. (Just about like newbies posting to the -dev
list when they don't get a quick answer on the -user list, or, the @home
folks posting to the -user list when few of the -user list members
actually use @home.)

FWIW, I'd vote to keep it the way it is now and I'll just make use of
the delete key to handle uninteresting noise.