[Asterisk-Users] HFC USB (was MultiBRI in Australia - found one -maybe)

David Phelan david at blueridge.com.au
Sun Mar 19 18:18:04 MST 2006

 Hmm,

> I was using 0.3.0 rc24, or the unstable branch.  I see 0.2.0 is listed
as
> 'stable' so maybe I should have used that.  Please do keep me informed
of
> your progress.
>
> Craig

After finally getting chan_misdn to load (missing #include to bitops.h under
Debian at least) it still won't load, and won't tell me why even with all
the debug stuff turned on. 0.3.0rc25 is what I'm using.

chan_capi works in TE mode, but I can't get it working in NT mode which is
what I want (keeps complaining about not being able to find a device for a
blank msn).

Could you please post something about what you did to get chan_misdn going?
I have an idea that I've got a bad version of something compiled somewhere
but hopefully it is solvable.

James

-----

OK Being the OH so Lazy person that I am...here are the steps that I took to
get this all going.

Started with my Stock Standard CentOS 4.2 install ...
Installed 2.6.11 Kernel sources.  Compiled and installed as per
normal...turning off spinlock_debug and SMP
Rebooted into new kernel.

Installed mISDN using the install_misdn script
Recompiled zaptel (for the hell of it...and so that I had a timming source)

Manually setup the /etc/misdn-init.conf
The autodiscovery thing didn't pickup the devices.

Added the following three lines to my rc.local
rmmod hfc_usb
rmmod hisax
/etc/init.d/misdn-init start

Reboot once more....and that was it....