[Asterisk-Users] Feedback from VON expo! Info on * HA andPolycomphone!!

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Sat Mar 18 21:38:17 MST 2006

Huh? Phones do a NAPTR/SRV lookup in a specified domain to get a list of SRV records to use. The phones don't query the DNS server every time they make a call... they have a cache. You also run primary and a secondary (or two primary) dns servers. It's a simple scalable solution. It's a shame Asterisk doesn't support it.

Doug.