[Asterisk-Users] Re: regexten

Avi Miller avi.miller at squiz.net
Fri Mar 17 14:28:38 MST 2006

Douglas Garstang wrote:
> I've yet to see a phone however, that will send another registration if the first suceeds. Why would it?

The Polycom phones can be configured with secondary and tertiary SIP
servers in the event of server failure. Thus, the Polycoms will
automatically register with another server if their primary SIP server
goes offline.

However, I have nowhere near the HA requirements you do, so I've never
actually tested this in the wild. I just know its there because of all
the manual reading and configuration building I've been doing with
Polycoms this last week.

cYa,
Avi

--
National Manager - Special Projects

< Melbourne / Sydney / Canberra / Hobart / London />
   2/340 Gore Street    T: +61 (0) 3 9486 0411
   Fitzroy, VIC         F: +61 (0) 3 9486 0611
   3065                 W: http://www.squiz.net/

.....>> Open Source  - Own it  -  Squiz.net ...../>