[Asterisk-Users] Re: problems with emailing voicemail

Steve Jones sjones at ftdata.com
Fri Mar 17 11:23:38 MST 2006

Take this one with a grain of salt..  I believe this is where you'd change this....

cd /etc/sysconfig
cat network

"cat" is like dos/windows "type".  I think you'll see your hostname listed in there.  How you edit it will be a matter of taste.. Personally, I use vi, which is typically scary if you haven't used it before, but I think I can walk you through it..  just do a "vi network".  You'll see your file in the editor window.  press "I" (letter "eye") to go to insert mode.  Now the editor will work more or less how you'd expect..  cursor keys, backspace, etc..  When you're done, press escape, then press the ":" key to get a command prompt at the bottom, and type "wq" and hit enter to write and quit.

If at any time you want to abort your edit because you messed something up with vi, press colon, and do a "q!" to quit without saving.

There are probably easier editors on there, but I dont know what they may be - I tend to use vi.

Another related hint for editing / copying / moving things using your windows machine is to use a program called "winscp" to get an explorer-like interface to your linux box from your windows client over the network.  It's a really cool tool, just google for it.

Good luck!
-Steve