[Asterisk-Users] Analog POTS line -> Rhino FXO Channel Bank -> No Hangup

james.texter at cox.net james.texter at cox.net
Fri Mar 17 06:42:01 MST 2006

Hello list,
     I have recently deployed Asterisk as the phone system for my office.  So far, everything has been going really well, except for one little thorn in my side.  I have a set of 6 analog lines that are connected to a TE411P via a Rhino FXO Channel bank.  If I call the analog number, Asterisk answers the call, and routes it appropriately.  The problem is, when I hangup, Asterisk never seems to recognize that I hung up.  So now the channel sits in limbo.  This isn't really a problem during the day, as calls get connected to an operator, and the far end ultimately hangs up causing the analog line to be tore down.  After hours is handled by an auto attendant, and this is where not detecting a hangup is giving me fits.  Anyone else ever experience this?  If so, is there a way to detect the hangup?

Thanks,

James