[Asterisk-Users] Outbound paging dialplan example?

Dovid Bender asteriskdigium at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 17 04:00:20 MST 2006

For setting the oncall solution you can do as follows

Play the following message "to reach the on call
tech/doctor etc. press 1

Then have the on call person set the number that they
want to be reached at.

[SetOnCallTech]
Exten => _1NXXXXXXXXX,1,Answer
Exten => _1NXXXXXXXXX,2,(please-enter-on-call-number)
Exten => _1NXXXXXXXXX,3,Playback(you-entered)
Exten => _1NXXXXXXXXX,4,Saydigites(${EXTEN})
Exten =>
_1NXXXXXXXXX,5,SetGlobalVar(OnTechNumConfirm=${EXTEN})
Exten => _1NXXXXXXXXX,6,Goto(SetOnCallTechConfirm,s,1)

[SetOnCallTechCOnfirm]
Exten =>
s,1,Playback(to-confirm-press-1-or-2-to-reenter)
Exten =>
1,1,SetGlobalVariable(OnCallTechNum=${OnTechNumConfirm})
Exten => 1,2,Playback(num-has-been-set)

Exten => 2,1,Goto(SetOnCallTech,_1NXXXXXXXXX,1)

As far as paging have the system send an sms to
${OnCallTechNum} mobile-carrier.com

Dovid
PS Please double check whay I hav above as I am half
asleep.