[Asterisk-Users] Question about advanced IVR

Devon Watkins devon at aquagerbil.com
Thu Mar 16 22:25:47 MST 2006

Hi all,

I am a fairly new * user, so please bear with me. I have been scoring
the net for this info, but have had little success.

I am looking for any tips and info on how to build a "information
delivery" ivr app. By that I mean it will simply play prerecorded sound
files and respond to key presses.

Basic idea is this,

1. answer call
2. go through various standard menu's etc to get to the info ads
3. once correct set of info ads is reached do this
 3.a  select what ads are eligible for this grouping based on DB info
 3.b play selected ads in random order
 3.c respond to key press for "skip this ad", "repeat this ad", and
"exit this set of ads"

The basics are pretty simple, but the hard part is that once the IVR app
is built, I don't want to have to update it when I change content, just
want it to work with new/updated content (ad messages).

blah ..prolly alot more info than anyone cared to read, but I am hoping
someone will be able to point me to some info on how to do this.

TIA