[Asterisk-Users] Re: transfers/parked calls + polycom 501

sdgesa gaeharth pollux1234567890 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 16 13:36:51 MST 2006

I think this worked , I will have to test more.....can you explain why?

  thanks

"Araba, Michael" <maraba at QuikCAT.com> wrote:          [Asterisk-Users] Re: transfers/parked calls + polycom 501        This is a dialpaln issue. I solved the same problem recently.
    For 4 digit extensions you need to append the dialplan statement in the sip.cfg configuration file as follows
    <digitmap  dialplan.digitmap="[2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT|1xxxT"  dialplan.digitmap.timeOut="3"/>
    Michael
> I am not sure what I did but blind transfers do not work. The Polycom  does
> not allow me to dial the extension of the person I want to  transfer to after
> I hit:
>
>   transfer -> blind
    I would strongly suggest getting the latest firmware, and using the sample
configuration files with that firmware to set up your phone.  This SHOULD
work.  If it still does not work after doing this, there may be a hardware
issue with your phone.
    - Noah

    ------------------------------
    Message: 14
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 10:53:22 -0800 (PST)
From: sdgesa gaeharth <pollux1234567890 at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Re: transfers/parked calls + polycom 501
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
    I am using the latest firmware and bootrom and this  is a problem with  all 12 polycom  501s that we have in the  office. If I want to  transfer to 1005 for example while on the  phone with the original  caller, I press transfer -> blind  -> type "1",  "0" then the  phone clears the display and  the transfer fails. It only allows me to  dial the first two  digits of the extension I want to transfer to. It  even happens  when I dial local sip to local sip, not just sip to pstn.  This  seems like a config mistake I made.....

  thanks

    Noah Miller <noah at rosecompanies.com> wrote:  Hi -

---------------------------------
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 11:53:55 -0700
From: "David Thomas" <punknow at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Feedback from VON expo! Info on * HA and
        Polycom phone!!
        <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
    In regards to HA...
    SER is definitely a good option, but it does require the extra
hardware to have at least 2 boxes that can failover on each other. I
would user OpenSER however (better documentation and mor features).
    I couldn't agree more that Asterisk should FULLY support DNS-SRV. The
solution seems to work great for phones and ATA's. This would be a
good item to create a bounty for.
    I have only two boxes right now, so it seems like my only HA options
are the dreaded DUNDi setup or a active/passive failover with
linux-HA.
    David

    ------------------------------
    Message: 16
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 13:54:22 -0500
From: Chuck Fletcher <chuck at chuckfletcher.com>
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Can anybody get me setup with a hosted
        asterisk at home box or virtual server in the next 24 hours?
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
    I'm looking for a hosting company who's willing to host a asterisk at home
instance for under $100 a month.
    Experienced and professional asterisk hosting only.
    Thanks,
    Chuck

    End of Asterisk-Users Digest, Vol 20, Issue 110