[Asterisk-Users] Feedback from VON expo! Info on * HA and Polycom phone!!

David Thomas punknow at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 11:53:55 MST 2006

In regards to HA...

SER is definitely a good option, but it does require the extra
hardware to have at least 2 boxes that can failover on each other. I
would user OpenSER however (better documentation and mor features).

I couldn't agree more that Asterisk should FULLY support DNS-SRV. The
solution seems to work great for phones and ATA's. This would be a
good item to create a bounty for.

I have only two boxes right now, so it seems like my only HA options
are the dreaded DUNDi setup or a active/passive failover with
linux-HA.

David