[Asterisk-Users] Re: transfers/parked calls + polycom 501

sdgesa gaeharth pollux1234567890 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 16 11:53:22 MST 2006

I am using the latest firmware and bootrom and this is a problem with  all 12 polycom  501s that we have in the office. If I want to  transfer to 1005 for example while on the phone with the original  caller, I press transfer -> blind -> type "1",  "0" then the  phone clears the display and the transfer fails. It only allows me to  dial the first two digits of the extension I want to transfer to. It  even happens when I dial local sip to local sip, not just sip to pstn.  This seems like a config mistake I made.....

  thanks

Noah Miller <noah at rosecompanies.com> wrote:  Hi -

> I am not sure what I did but blind transfers do not work. The Polycom  does
> not allow me to dial the extension of the person I want to  transfer to after
> I hit:
>
>   transfer -> blind

I would strongly suggest getting the latest firmware, and using the sample
configuration files with that firmware to set up your phone.  This SHOULD
work.  If it still does not work after doing this, there may be a hardware
issue with your phone.

- Noah