[Asterisk-Users] Toshiba Strata DK-280 support?

Thu Mar 16 10:00:46 MST 2006

Philip Edelbrock wrote:
> At some point (in a few months, probably) we'll turn off the Toshiba
> and put viop phones on everyone's desk (including some people's at a
> remote office and homes).
>
> It should also cut our phone bill down to a 1/10th of what it is now!

Interesting... so, you consider Asterisk / VoIP secure enough at its
current stage? I have heard a lot of horror stories, and as well, I have
actually experienced firsthand how bad the quality can be (I have Vonage
at home, and I have had conversations from our phone system in our
office with people who had VoIP systems, and the quality was pretty bad
(sounded like they were underwater).

This is definitely something that interests me, but I'd also be very
interested in hearing others experiences with VoIP - anyone?

--

Best regards,

Charles