[Asterisk-Users] Re: RE: Re: Cisco phones and Linksys SRW224P

Tomislav Parčina tparcina at lama.hr
Wed Mar 15 08:03:53 MST 2006

In article <441824E7.2030202 at i.cz>, pavel.jezek at i.cz says...
> Tomislav, please look at:
> http://powerdsine.com/Support/Certification/company_All.asp?company=Cisco
> also on ci$co site you can't find info, that old phones are 802.3af
> compliant, but pre-standard...
> old ci$co phones can work with some poe equipment, but you can't be
> sure, that will be working with all 802.3af power devices/midspans
> only fact, that your phone is working with your 802.3af equipment can't
> be guarantee for compatibility...
> PJ

Thank you for link.
The thing is that there are difference between different hardware revisions of Cisco phone's. I need to find out What hardware revisions support what standards.

Anther thing, is there any Cisco switch that supports even oldest Cisco VoIP phones (7905 and 7940)?

--
Tomislav Parcina
tparcina#lama.hr