[Asterisk-Users] problem configuring a digium quad E1 card

Richard OSS oss_richard at rogers.com
Wed Mar 15 22:11:46 MST 2006

If you are using connecting the card to a smart jack (incoming line from Telco), then you need a straight T1/E1 Cable, which is identical to a straight Ethernet cable.

If you are doing a back-to-back configuration, or connecting the card to another PBX or channel bank, then you need a cross-T1/E1 cable with the following pin-outs:

  http://sangoma.editme.com/wanpipe-linux-asterisk-appendix#sampleZaptel
  http://www.ldfacts.com/faq_files/How-to-Make-a-T1-Crossover-cable.htm

  Hope this helps.

David Masure <d.masure at ucr.fr> wrote:

  Hi again,

  Can you specify the pin order for each end ?

  thanks