[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Native Sounds - in case you missed it...

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Wed Mar 15 11:49:52 MST 2006

At 12:30 AM 03/15/2006, you wrote:
>wget http://server.name/path/to/file
>wget ftp://server.name/path/to/file
>
>In fact, what I normally do is copy a link from my browser to the
>command line in the terminal window and download it with wget. Saves me
>an extra file copy around the net.

I'll get there! I'll go add wget to the list of useful commands I'm compiling.

People here sometimes forget that some of us came to Linux through
Asterisk and not the other way around.  I'm sure it seems obvious to
use wget to you, but while I've seen it mentioned in passing, till
now I never got what it was good for. I knew how to use FTP to get
files from FTP servers so as that old saying goes, "If all you have
is a hammer, everything looks like a nail!"

Anyway, thanks for being so kind to a Linux newbie.

Ira