[Asterisk-Users] OSHA requirement to "reach a live human" ??

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Mar 15 10:00:01 MST 2006

On Wednesday 15 March 2006 11:20, Steve Jones wrote:
> Are you selling it TO osha?  If so, maybe they have an internal
> requirement..  If not, I've never heard of that.  Granted, I haven't sold a
> LOT of phone systems, but I've been involved with a couple into public
> works departments of local governments as well as private corps, and nobody
> has ever mentioned that...

And speaking as someone who CALLS public works and government agencies a lot,
I'd have to say that my experience seems to indicate that this is most
certainly NOT a requirement.  It's impossible to reach a human easily; I
generally just hit the first extension I can and ask to be transferred where
I want.  It only gets worse if there are queues to deal with, because you
can't get to a human until your number comes up in the queue.

-A.