[Asterisk-Users] Clustering "NEW THREAD", Almost Working

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Mon Mar 13 22:06:07 MST 2006

I'm not the person who your replying to, but I'll jump in anyway. We're using MySQL in conjunction with AGI. This gives us the ultimate flexibility (and me the most freekin work).

Databases are configured in a HA manner. Not sure exactly what form that will take yet, but will be either replication or clustering with some mechanism hopefully to perform seameless IP address modification upon database failure so that it's transparent to Asterisk.

Phones can register on any asterisk server. We have a mechanism for ensuring that every phone is registered on every box. Every phone can therefore reach every other phone through any single Asterisk system. It would have been nice if SIP realtime was working properly (it doesn't support having multiple Asterisk systems talking to a single database for reasons beyond me). So, anyway, for now we're just gonna have to replicate sip.conf between the Asterisk boxes.

There's various techniques you can implement on MySQL to achieve maximum performance as well. We have some rather expensive MySQL consultants help with that. :)

DUNDi... pfft... forget it. No docs... it's useless.

Doug.