[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk large scale, help needed

Noah Miller noah at rosecompanies.com
Mon Mar 13 10:38:40 MST 2006

Hi -

>>  I was able to install Asterisk and configure many of it's features.
>> Currently I am using Extensions.conf for giving all my contexts and
>> extensions. Whenever I change my extensions or add a new context I have to
>> reload extensions.conf and practically it is not possible reloading many
>> times as we update or add contexts many times. Please tell me what could be
>
> Why is it not possible to reload? whats wrong with reloading many times?

I think maybe there's some confusion here with the OP.  Reloading does not
interrupt calls in progress.  They will keep on going through as many
reloads as you want.

>> the best solution to avoid all this and if possible extensions.conf itself.
>> I came to know about scripts using AGI but I am a newbie totally and I do
>> not have any idea using them. I have seen a article in voip-info site
>> showing some examples on AGI and PHP. I want to do something like this:

Actually, if you're talking about a large scale deployment, AGI scripts
could conceivably be very bad.  Depending on how they are implemented, they
may add considerable processing overhead, which would be compounded on a
heavily taxed server.

Realtime is probably your best bet.

- Noah