[Asterisk-Users] Considering Asterisk

Thomas Johnson tjohnson at pacwill.ca
Mon Mar 13 10:25:30 MST 2006

We currently operate an MKC Communications Server for our small company. We have 4 offices across
Canada and calls to our toll-free number are answered by our VOIP server and directed by the auto
attendant in the server office to the 3 satellite offices. This system works well except we have
intermittent quality of the calls, sometimes losing connection altogether, but usually garbled
speech etc. The 3 satellite offices are behind firewalls on adsl or cable high speed connections. We
cannot get much support from MKC and I wonder if Asterisk would be a better system for this. Is this
a problem because of the wide geographic area being covered, and so more router hops?

--
Thomas Johnson
Pacwill Environmental
Email: tjohnson at pacwill.ca