[Asterisk-Users] Hardware timing source for MeetMe

Mike Clark mike at infoanywhere.com
Mon Mar 13 10:20:54 MST 2006

Will the low cost X100P clones available on ebay provide a solid
hardware timing source? Our experience shows that while using ztdummy
with no zaptel hardware does allow MeetMe to function, we experience
unacceptable levels of delay after four ot five users join the
conference. With both TDM400 and Sangoma A101 hardware, we have had 20+
users with no problems.

We have a pure VoIP system installed, that has nor PRI or analog lines,
but does have a need for MeetMe. If a $15 card will do the trick, we
would obviously rather do that than spend a couple hundred bucks for the
same thing. This card would not be used for voice, just timing.

Thanks,

Mike Clark