[Asterisk-Users] Australian approved 4BRI PCI adapter preliminary testing results

James Harper james.harper at bendigoit.com.au
Sun Mar 12 19:00:23 MST 2006

I have successfully placed a call into and out of the card from Asterisk
using vISDN. The current vISDN snapshot now contains the PCI id's for
the card so no patching should be required.

Most of the initial testing failure was due to misconfiguration of vISDN
by me and a bad entry in my sip.conf resulting in one way audio.

So I have established that at least 1 channel of 1 port works in TE mode
:). I hope to test it more thoroughly shortly, including multiple
concurrent calls and both TE and NT mode in operation.

Someone from Cologne has raised concerns that the TE/NT switching may be
handled by a custom FPGA, which may be a showstopper. The manual is in
German so I can't read it to figure out if I should be using jumpers or
software to change modes. I'll have to do some deciphering :)

James