[Asterisk-Users] Understanding queue timeouts + possible bug found

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sun Mar 12 18:12:36 MST 2006

Lenz wrote:

> I have added asterisks to denote a behaviour I dont understand; the
> extension 101 is called twice in a row if 103 is unavailable. DO you
> think  this is a bug or there is a valid reason why * behaves like this?
> (I'm  running 1.2.4)

No, there is no bug here.

In 'roundrobin' mode, the queue calls the next agent after the one it
started with last time. This means that when 103 gets called (and is
unavailable), the call goes 101. On the next cycle, 101 gets called,
because it _started_ with 103 last time.

In 'rrmemory' mode, this is different: it will start with the next agent
after the last one it tried to call (not where it started). Use
'rrmemory' mode, it is really what most people are thinking of when they
want 'round robin' delivery of calls.