[Asterisk-Users] Voice problem

Andrew Nowrot andrew.nowrot at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 04:58:53 MST 2006

Hi,

I have small issue with Asterisk. My customers complaining that sometimes
(not always) the outgoing voice (the voice which can be heard  by the user a
the other end) quality is very low (stutter and sudden clicks). The problem
exist in only-IP configuration and in IPtoTDM connections as well. I use
alaw codecs. I know that they consume a lot of bandwidth, but the upload and
download stream is about 1Mbit/s so the voice problem  can't be cause by the
lack of bandwidth. Does anyone meet something like that?

Cheers

Andrew