[Asterisk-Users] MultiBRI in Australia - found one - maybe

Craig Guy cguy at bigpond.net.au
Sat Mar 11 18:40:14 MST 2006

Being USB 1.1 is not a problem - there is more than enough bandwidth for a
BRI in USB.  The handsets used in the BRI install are Snom 360's with
firmware 5.3 and internal users have complained of slight echo, however I
believe this is more to do with the Snoms than the Draytek adapters. For
faxing use we have installed a Grandstream ATA 286.  I haven't had any
feedback yet regarding problems or success with faxing for this customer.  I
would have expected to hear of any problems faxing by now but I will try to
follow it up, however as long as the latency is consistent (ie minimal
jitter in the USB stack) it shouldn't cause any problems for fax.

At work in our own office we have two SNOM 360's and people with them also
complain of slight echo. (We are using TE110p PRI for PSTN).  The rest of
our office use a combination of Sipura 841, Cisco 7960 and Grandstream BT101
and there are no echo complaints with any of these non Snom handsets, so at
this point it doesn't appear that these BRI adapters have echo problems.

Craig