[Asterisk-Users] hotel vmail and iax trouble

Jordan Novak jnovak at logisticshealth.com
Sat Mar 11 01:26:18 MST 2006

I have two issues...
First I am working with a hotel software vendor to include an automated way to turn vmail on and off while clearing it at the same time. The vendor is looking to interface via serial cable as they currently do with Mitel systems. i am willling to work with them on an IP interface but I am not so sure on how to implement it in asterisk. Does anyone know of a way that may be prebuilt, AGI or the like? Basically it works like this, When they check out a customer they want to clear the Vmail and forward it to the front desk, when they check in they want to turn the vmail on and have it completly reset password and all. I do not know an easy way to do this in asterisk due to the fact you will be chasing down several files every time.

Second I have another site using teliax, I've set this up before but something is strange on this box. I am getting a message stating that IAX2 channel could not be created and is not implemented error number 66". No clue myself. I wou;d post the configs but I am fairly sure that they are good unless someone can tell me that error is generated because of a config problem. LOL